Thursday, March 29, 2007

what I am pondering

So I love it when a class just really shakes me up. And no, I'm not being sarcastic, i do because it makes me think. It makes me think about the world,the church, and importantly about me and about what my beliefs are. I am not typically a me centered person. In fact sometimes I feel like I give so much to my friends that i don't allow them to give and sometimes that gets me in trouble ( but that is for another post)

So yesterday in systematic theology we were talking about process theology, which I truly enjoy. I enjoy it because a lot of it is how i have always felt but i just couldn't put a name to it yet. There is one thing that I am hung up on though... That is doesn't God really have a path for us does God know what is going to happen before it happens. Obviously before i went to school believe that god had a path for each of us, I mean it is the name of my blog, but I don't think I was ever a believer in this all controlling God who knows everything we are going to do before we do it. I mean that takes away the whole concept of free will. Yet I really feel like God does have some kind direction for us and influence over those choices. Of course it is our free will to accept that influence. I really like the idea of a God of possibilities... I'm just not quite sure what that means for my believes, my theology, or my life.

Yes I love it when a class gets me thinking and shakes things up...

No comments: