I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19, NRSV
As we near the end of the long journey toward Easter, a busy time for pastors and layfolk alike, I ponder the words of Isaiah and the relief and refreshment of a river in the desert.
For this Friday Five, name five practices, activities, people or _____ (feel free to fill in something I may be forgetting) that for you are rivers in the desert.
so this one was hard for me cause i do have some great rivers in the dessert
1. My friends... i have the most wonderful group of friends i easily take up all five spots with names of my friends but it would mean leaving people out.
2. Music... my mood determines the music i turn on and normally i feel much better
3. Worship... being in community to worship God 9 times out of 10 leaves me feeling renewed and refreshed
4. Cooking... i really enjoy it. some times i even enjoy doing it for myself but it is much more fun to cook for friends
5. Grey's Anatomy... ok this one is a little superficial but that one hour of TV a week when i forget about school and the world is just a great release
Editors Note: There are two big ones that I missed, writting both this blog and in my journal, and giving and getting hugs!