Thursday, February 01, 2007

Semester Number 2

Ok so i am already writing in my Blog while my away message says that i am reading new testament...

But any way this will be a quick post. i am really looking for ward to this semester. Which is a bit surprising because over the break I was definitely more nervous about it then I was excited. Now I have had all of my classes at least once and I can say that I am looking forward to it. I am taking New Testament with Dr. Stephen Moore, Systematic theology with Dr Catherine Keller, Ministry in Non-parish settings with Dr. David Graybeal, and Religion and Social Process with Dr. Laurel Kearns. And I didn't mention my professors to brag but just to point how awesome our faculty is here at Drew.

I think the courses are going to have really interesting discussions . I have a great group of classmates. With very diverse theological backgrounds and stances. OK so now I am really off to do work!

2 comments:

Musings said...

I love how you said in your profile that you aren't good at spelling or grammer. That is totally my hang up to! But I confess I can't help it...

Best wishes for a great semester!

Judy Callarman, Scrabble Has-Been said...

Hi--I found your site on the Wesley Blogroll, of which my blog is also a member.

I read this in your sidebar:

"I'm a United Methodist by birth and I hope to become an ordained pastor. I'm a twenty-something that still has some hang ups about the mainline church, but I'm doing what God has called me to do! I love spending time with my family and friends. I'm interested to see where this journey is going to take me. I'm really trying hard to let go and let God really lead the way."

And I too am concerned about the direction our old mainline Methodist church will take in the future. I just read an encouraging blog entry by a fellow blogger who is a Methodist minister in England. He had been to a pastors' meeting and was joyful about what they were told. I'd like you to look him up and read his Feb. 3 entry--"Turbulent Cleric" is his blog name, and his link is near the bottom of the Wesley blogroll.

Blessings--Judy