I haven't played in a while so here it is!
All Hallows Eve (Halloween) is near. As a child, Halloween was one of my favorite holidays. We didn’t yet worry about razor blades in apples or popcorn balls or some of the other concerns people have with Halloween these days. Halloween was a chance to be mildly scared, and better yet, to dress up and pretend to be something we really weren’t. Let’s talk about that a bit, but then let’s add in some food ideas for this year. Where I live the leaves are falling, the temperature is chilly and pumpkins are for sale everywhere, along with many kids of apples. What's more, the "Holiday Season" will soon be upon us. ACK! I could use a new idea for dessert. So, here we go…
1. How did you celebrate this time of year when you were a child? Jumping in leaf piles and the neighborhood kids would make leaf forts and about 10 of us would go trick-or treating together
2. Do you and/or your family “celebrate” Halloween? Why or why not? And if you do, has it changed from what you used to do? We don't so much any more now that I am older, but this year I am craving a pumpkin
2. Candy apples: Do you prefer red cinnamon or caramel covered? Or something else? I'm not such a big fan but if I do I eat one it is caramel covered!
3. Pumpkins: Do you make Jack O’ Lanterns? Any ideas of what else to do with them? I love Jack O' Lanterns!
4. Do you decorate your home for fall or Halloween? If so, what do you do? Bonus points for pictures. Just a few pumpkins it's really more fall than Halloween
5. Do you like pretending to be something different? Does a costume bring our an alternate personality? No not really really, it;s only fun for me when a bunch of my friends do it
Bonus: Share your favorite recipe for an autumn food, particularly apple or pumpkin ones. I love mulled cider and this is an odd one.. i don't really enjoy backed fruit that much but when my mom makes apple pie like wrapping the raw pie crust around the Cinnamon and sugar apples