Friday, May 18, 2007RevGalBlogPals, Inc., was to be able to attract grant support for a large scale RevGalBlogPal meetup? My dream from the beginning has been attracting financial support that would allow as many of our bloggers to be together as possible.
RGBP, Inc. now has a planning committee, and we are in the early stages of planning the RevGalBlogPal Big Event. What, When, Where and Who are all on the table at the moment. In that spirit, I bring you the Big Event Friday Five.
1. What would the meeting be like? (Continuing Ed? Retreat? Outside Speakers? Interest Groups? Workshops? Hot Stone Massages? Pedicures? Glorified Slumber Party?)
2. When in 2008 might you be able to attend? January? Shortly after Easter? Summer? Fall? Some other time?
3. Where would your dream meeting location be? (Urban Hotel? Rural Retreat Center? New England Camp? Southwestern Fantasy Hotel? Far away from civilization? Nearby Outlets or Really Great Thrift Stores?)
4. Who would make a great keynote speaker? (That's if #1 leads us in that direction.)
5. Did I leave out something you want to suggest?
Dream big for the Big Event!!!
This is a tough one because there is so many possibilities
1. I think I would like to see half workshops half retreat so maybe 2 days of workshops 2 days of retreat
2. I'm a student so summer works best for me.
3. Well the question said Dream so I would say a tropical island, but more realistically i love be at Resort anywhere in the country. I think resort would provide workshop space and retreat space.
4. I think a female in leadership role with in the Church ie a Bishop would be great. I would love to hear Judith Craig
5. I think it would be great to have a panel discussion of women who are at different stages in their ministry.