Friday, November 17, 2006

Organic Part II

Ok so I wanted to post more about this yesterday, but I didn't get to it, and truthfully right now I really should be cleaning my Apartment, but I had to post this. So yesterday Peter Rollins the author of How (Not) To Speak of God ( ihaven't read it yet but after listening to him speak i'm sure it's good) was at school. He spoke at chapel and the did a book talk afterward. And I saw what worship could be. He started this faith experience in Belfast Ireland, at a pub, where people come to worship and to experience God. It just looked and sounded amazing. It's consider to be part of the emergent church movement. I'm not quite ready to jump on to that label yet (partly due to my generational rejection of labels), but it sounds more and more exciting. I share the fear that Peter expressed to us in his talk that the Emergent church label runs the risk of being comercialized or exploited. But it seems to be more and more what church should be. How I want to be able to help people experience God.

I also checked out the website The Ooze. There is some really great discussions going on there. People talking from all different perspectives of faith.

Just the other day we were talking about constructive theology in class. A lot of my classmates wanted to talk about the dangers of people constructing their own theologies. Yes there are dangers, but what about the good stuff. The developing of one's faith. Developing a deep connection with God that come out of thought, questions and experience. What a wonderful feeling.

I see where Christianity should be , where it should go. We need to go back to our roots.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm delurking on your blog...but I usually leave comments anyway, haha. Here's a blogstone (o)!!!

Great post, btw. A few of us are interested in starting some emerging conversations on campus...you should join in if you're interested!

LutheranChik said...

Happy Delurking Week. (o)