Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend

Well a weekend that started a little crazy on Friday turned out to be a great weekend. It was a weekend filled with time well spent with my friends and family. I have the most amazing friends and family anyone could ask for. It seems to me each time adds another person to either of those categories in my life, my life becomes even more rich.

Pastor Michelle's Easter message was great. Most of the time when she preaches I think to myself, I'm never going to be that good. I try to remember what everyone tells me: I just have to find my own style. My preaching date has been moved to th 14th. Which is Mother's day. It means reworking my sermon a little, but I still think I'm sticking to the basic premise. My parents still aren't going to be able to make it, but I think the rest of my family will be there.

I never realized how much work went into writing a sermon, and I never realized how much I would enjoy preparing one. Reading different interpretations and looking at how other people presented the same text is really interesting!

I still haven't heard from Drew yet. My feelings on this go up and down. Somedays I know that I just have to wait it out and I will get an answer one way or another, and other days I really want to know! I'm not so worried about not getting in. Not because I definitely think I am but, because I have to remember God is in this. And Michelle and I had a conversation about it last week and she reminded me there will be Nos along the way, but the those nos are really not nows. Plus, I have a couple of backup plans so it will be ok. I'm still hoping though that I won't have to use those backup plans.

No comments: